Click here to print out a copy of the below policies and contract.
Check in is at 3:00 p.m. EST or later. Please do not attempt to check in early unless prior arrangements have been made. During "turnaround" cleans early check in is not available.
Check out is at 10 a.m. EST. No exceptions, please. Housekeeping must be able to enter the cabin at 11 a.m. If your late check out requires the staff to make another trip or prevents the next guest from checking in on time your deposit will be foreited.
Items Left Behind
We are not liable or responsible for items left behind, lost, or stolen. If you leave an item after checking out and wish to have it returned, please call as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to locate the item(s) and return them to you, at your expense.
A security deposit of $200.00 is required to hold your reservation. When you arrive for your stay at our cabin, the security deposit automatically converts to a damage deposit. The deposit is fully refundable within 7 days of your departure if the following conditions are met:
- No damage to the cabin or its contents beyond normal wear and tear.
- No early check-in or late check-out unless approved in advance.
- No occupancy greater than what is listed above.
- No damage due to pets.
- The cabin is in an orderly fashion and the trash is put in the outside trashcans.
- Linens are in good condition and none are missing.
- Movies, books, and board games are not missing or damaged.
- No damage to the hot tub or hot tub cover.
- No smoking has taken place inside the cabin.
- There have been no outside fires.
- The gas fireplace logs have not been tampered with nor used for cooking.
- iControl System (cabin alarm) has not been disconnected.
The rental agreement and pet agreement, if applicable, needs to be signed, dated and returned within five (5) days. A copy of identifaction of the person signing the agreement needs to be returned with the contract. Not until these items are received, along with the deposit, are your dates officially reserved. You will receive a letter or email confirming receipt of the contract and security deposit payment. When final payemnt of rental charges is received, your keycode will be confirmed and directions to the cabin sent.
Security Deposit / Rent Payment
A reservation deposit of $200.00 is required to hold your reservation. If you are brining a pet an additional $50 per pet deposit is required. Payment of the total rent is due no later than 30 days prior to your arrival date. Payments can be made in the form of a personal check, money order, or through PayPal which accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and eCheck.
A sixty-day (60) notice is required for all cancellations.
Cancellations made more than 60 days prior to the arrival date will incur a $100 cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 60 days of the arrival date forfeit all rental monies paid or security deposit if rental monies have not been received. Every effort will be made to rebook your stay and if we are able to do so we will refund your payment less the $100 cancellation fee. If the rebooking is for less than your reservation adjustments will be made to compensate. No refund for no shows, bad weather, late arrival, or early departure.
What We Supply
We supply the abin with the following items (at a minimum):
You may want to bring extra supplies of soap, paper towels, coffee filters, toilet paper, and garbage bags. Items that we do not supply that you may want to bring include shampoo, towels for the hot tub, charcoal for the grill, and flashlights.
- 16 bath towels
- 16 wash cloths
- 6 hand towels
- 2 dish towels
- 2 dishcloths
- Hair Dryer
- Dishwashing liquid*
- Dishwasher detergent*
- Hand soap
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 2 rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom
- Linens for each bed
- Laundry detergent*
- Fabric Softener*
- Small bar of soap for each shower
- Trash can liners*
- *Indicates starter supply
We provide games, movies, and books for our guests. There is also a Nintendo 64, PlayStation 2, and XBox with games. Some of them may not be suitable for children. Some games may have small parts that arenít suitable for very small children. Please do not allow young children to play unsupervised with the games.
Trash cans are located in the container at the end of the driveway. DO NOT put trash outside on decks or leave next to the trash containers since there is wildlife in the area. If trash that is left outside the container is spread around due to wind or animals there will be an extra charge for pickup.
The gas fireplace will be available for your use September through April. To turn it on, turn the timer switch located on the wall to the right side of the fireplace. Do not move the logs inside the fireplace or cook over them.
Cleaning During Stay
There is no cleaning service provided during your stay. Should you wish a clean during your stay please contact me to discuss availability and price.
House Parties and Noise
House parties are strictly prohibited. Parties and disturbing the peace are grounds for immediate eviction, with no refund of monies.
It is impossible to guarantee that all appliances, hot tubs, heaters, fireplaces, etc., will be in working order 100% of the time. We do guarantee to make every effort to correct any problem as soon as possible. Please call us at (251) 968-3333 if there are any problems. Non-emergency maintenance issues will be handled during normal business hours.
During winter months road conditions may require a 4-wheel drive vehicle or chains on your tires if snow or ice is on the ground.
Hot Tub Warnings
- Use of the hot tub is at your own risk.
- The following persons should not enter the hot tub without doctorís consent: Pregnant women, babies and young children, or people with heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure.
- Children must be supervised at all times!
- Shower before and after entering the hot tub.
- Limit use to 20 minutes at a time to prevent nausea, dizziness, and fainting.
- Never put more than 6 people in the hot tub at one time.
- Do not use while under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, or other drugs that can cause drowsiness or influence blood pressure.
- Discoloration of jewelry and fabrics can occur.
- Never sit or stand on the hot tub cover.
- Never put lotions, oils, or soaps in the hot tub. This could cause severe damage.
- Enter and exit the tub slowly and carefully.
- Always put the hot tub cover back on the hot tub after each use and secure with cable.
Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of deposit and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check in.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- This is a Non-Smoking cabin. Smoking is only allowed outside.
- You must be 21 years old to rent this cabin. Person signing contract must enclose a copy of identification (with social security number blacked out). Person signing contract must occupy premises during rental period.
- Pets by prior approval only. Guests who bring pets who have not been approved will forfeit their reservation deposit and may be subject to eviction.
- If a personal check is returned to us for non-sufficient funds, you will be charged the amount levied by the bank for NSF charges.
- Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Guest must receive prior approval from the owner to keep a dog on the premises. The number of dogs that have been approved is shown on the rental contract.
An additional pet fee is required. We require $50 per stay per animal plus an additional $50 pet dog security deposit which is refundable if thereís no damage due to your dog.
Guest needs to be aware that the entire security deposit that has been secured can be kept if there is major damage to the cabin due to your dog.
The renter agrees to the following:
- Dog must not be left unattended at any time outside the cabin or on the decks.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times when outside.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog outside.
- No dog shall be allowed to become a nuisance or disturb the peace.
- Your dogt must be completely housebroken.
- Dogs must be free of fleas and ticks, and you may want to treat your animal with a tick/flea prevention medication prior to staying in our cabin. It is a very wooded area.
- Dogs are not allowed on the furniture or the bedding.
- We expect you to clean the animalís feet if they are muddy when they come in from outside.
- If your dog has a tendency to get into things or get into trouble when left alone, then we expect you to crate your animal when you leave the cabin.
- If your dog likes to chew on furniture or mark his territory, we cannot allow them to stay in our cabin.
- We do not allow aggressive animals to stay in our cabin. If they are aggressive, leave them at home.
- There is wildlife in the area. You are responsible for the safety of your dog. We assume no liability.